Monday 26 August 2013

Zenstones

Zentangle aka Rick and Maria, :) has introduced a new product: Zenstones.
In a recent newsletter, zenstones are explained:
Our Zenstone almost feels like powdered butter in your hand (it is called "soap" stone for a reason) and it settles into the texture of our black tiles with a buttery smoothness. Just wait til you get to "smudge" it with your finger tip! You will be thrilled with the subtle gradations in shading possible when a Zenstone meets a black Zentangle tile. (There are many more than 50 shades! :-)
How is the Zenstone different than the White Charcoal Pencil?The Zenstone and the White Charcoal Pencil each have unique characteristics. The Zenstone offers a soft mark which smudges smoothly with a gentle gradient. The White Charcoal pencils tends to leave a whiter, more precise line and a more abrupt falloff to smudging.
I finally got to play with my zenstones last night. Here are my results:

I don't do a lot of white on black work, so I have some learning to do, but the zenstone was fun to use!
They're now available in the store!

7 comments:

  1. I particularly like the second tile. It's really fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mooka! The second tile is striking. Did you use the Zenstone for just the shading or the lines too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Caroline! I used the white gel pen for the lines, Zenstone for the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is beautiful, Lisa! And your Cubine is amazing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann! Thanks for the compliments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine just arrived! Hope to try them soon. I love the effect I see in others' work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, I can't wait to see what you do with them!!!

    ReplyDelete