Saturday 5 April 2014

It's a Quandary!!

This week's Diva Challenge was to use the tangle pattern, Quandary. You can see details about the challenge at I am the Diva.

When the Diva posted her challenge I immediately responded on FaceBook... a bit whiney, for sure...
You're killing me! One of those patterns I can't seem to master.....guess I've got my work cut out for me!
To which she responded....kind of unsympathetically, I think :)
time to master it.
Let's just say that her smiley face wasn't enough to make me feel better... :)

But seriously, why not master it, that's what the Diva's Challenges are all about getting out of your comfort zone and exploring a tangle pattern... or more.

So, I took her up on her challenge. And in the famous words of some... I told myself to "Suck it up, buttercup."

It was tough and I had to keep reminding myself that my Zentangle practice is about the process...not so much the product.


Thank goodness for Rick and Maria's great step out for the pattern: Quandary


Here's what I came up with:

This is my first tile. I avoided a string and just let it go where
it wanted. I started to feel a bit more comfortable with it in the process.









For this tile, I tried two different variations. I also worked bigger.
I was more pleased with this tile. Quandary started to look flowery, too



















Another variation of Quandary. This time I used the new Renaissance
tiles and a brown pen. I used a copper pencil crayon to add a bit of
shadow and I used a gold graphite pencil to shade as well. It was a fun
experiment with the Renaissance tiles, too.



















All in all, I am happy with the results. That darn Diva, she sure knows how to make us stretch to find the possibilities! :)
  



8 comments:

  1. You may have struggled, but the results are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Anne. Your results are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't look as if you struggled, they are all lovely. You are right the Diva is always right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of concentrating, Chrissie, thanks!

      Delete
  4. Great job Lisa. I like them all but especially the one on the Renaissance tile. Great shading and highlighting. Think your just starting without a string and seeing where it goes is a good idea when trying to work on a tangle. Is just one less thing to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donald, you're right, I did these without a string. Just wanted to try to get the pattern down, first!

      Delete